Painted Brain welcomes essays, personal stories, blogs, and commentary pieces focused on the intersection of technology and innovation within the peer mental health movement. These are our guidelines:
- We will edit them for clarity, brevity, and style, post them on our site and share them with our news partners – they also may publish them.
- Essays, news stories, and personal stories must be between 2000 and 2500 words.
- Your commentaries must be exclusive to Painted Brain and up to about 800 words, although we may occasionally publish something longer or shorter.
- Please include your photo and email address for publication.
- Please also include your phone number so we can reach you.
- If your piece is selected for publication, we will ask you to sign a release and a statement that you have read and accept our ethics policy.
- All submissions will be filtered through copyscape.com to prevent plagiarism.
- If there is a compelling reason, we will consider publishing anonymous commentaries. But this will be an exception, and we will need to be able to document who you are and understand your reason for requesting anonymity.
- If we do a substantial edit of a piece we wish to publish, we will give you the right to review it.
Send commentaries and essays to firstname.lastname@example.org.