About Our Program
Project New Start is a job placement program that offers mental health and legal services for individuals who have experienced incarceration. Our team works together to develop an individualized plan that meets the needs of each participant in overcoming barriers to employment.
- Individualized support from a Peer Specialist, a Social Worker, and an Occupational Therapist
- Legal Aid Assistance
- Work Readiness Workshops
- Skills Training in Industrial Arts, Technology & Social Media, and Peer Leadership & Counseling
- Support in Job Placement
- Encouraging Social Community
Who Is Eligible
- Adults (18+)
- Lived experience of mental illness
- Have a criminal background or prior incarceration
- INDUSTRIAL ARTS: Studio-based that explores and expands marketable creative talents.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Develop skills in using social media to tell stories and engage followers.
- PEER WORK: State-certified peer training in using lived experience and expertise to help others.
For more information:
Contact Melissa Hernandez,